10 Things to do to Get Ready for the Summer Games
1. Register – Start by visiting the sports lineup page on the Meijer State Games of Michigan website to see which sports we offer and decide which you would like to compete in. Then, visit that sport’s page and hit the registration button there to take you to the registration link!
2. Set your goals – Are you going for gold or just wanting to do your personal best? Whatever your goals, be sure to set them ahead of time so you have something to work towards during your training.
3. Start training – Training is a crucial part of competing in any sporting events. It helps the body to build up strength and endurance. Training can also be a helpful stress reliever. Set your training schedule/activities to align with the goals that you created
4. Eat healthy – Healthy foods make great competition fuel! Remember: you don’t have to give sweets and such up completely. Moderation and self control are the key to success when eating well. We know it is not always easy to make healthy choices when it comes to food but, it is well worth it in the end!
5. Get your merchandise – Do you own any Meijer State Games of Michigan merchandise? No? You should fix that! There will be new merchandise unveiling in time for the 2019 Summer Games. Treat yo’ self to a souvenir of your time competing! (Link it to merchandise page. We hopefully will get the Fine Designs link this week!
6. Book your hotel – When registering, you can also book your hotel room or block off rooms at the same time through RoomRoster. This makes it easier for players and parents to search through the best rates in the areas.
7. Opening Ceremony – All registered athletes get one free ticket to the 2019 Opening Ceremony. The 2019 Summer Games Opening Ceremony will take place at Fifth Third Ballpark on Friday June 21 at 7:30. It will feature Dick Fosbury, the annual athlete parade, the Flippenout Trampoline Show, and the lighting of the cauldron. Families and spectators can purchase Opening Ceremony tickets here:
8. Invite a friend to compete with you – Competing is more fun with friends! Invite one or two (or more) friends to join you in your sport. Train together, compete together, and walk in the athlete parade together.
9. Sign up for our newsletter – Get all of the latest information on sports, Opening Ceremony and upcoming events by signing up to receive our newsletter! Sign up here: https://www.stategamesofmichigan.com/newsletter
10. Be social – Follow the Meijer State Games of Michigan on Facebook, Twitter (@StateGamesofMI), and Instagram (@stategamesofmichigan). Let us and everyone else know you're getting ready by sharing photos, videos, and posts using #MSGOM!