Archery - 3D
Special hotel athletic rates are now available, click the link above to make your reservation
8:00am and 11:30am
(All times subject to change)
Sparta Hunting and Fishing Club
13218 Long Lake Dr.
Sparta, MI 49345
The 2018 Summer Games Opening Ceremony is June 22, 2018 at East Kentwood High School. The ceremony will feature the parade of athletes, the Classic K9 Stunt Dog show and much more! Click here to learn more information!
New in 2018! There will be a limited number of free Opening Ceremony T-shirts available to pre-registered athletes.
To ensure you get your 2018 Meijer State Games of Michigan athlete t-shirt, you now have the ability to pre-order a moisture wicking performance shirt and have it sent direct to your home. Skip the long line at the Opening Ceremony and arrive in style! Order yours today!
Jim and Sue Blackall
Pre-registration is closed for the 2018 Summer Games
Onsite registration is available
Senior: (55 or older) & adult
$25.00 before June 1st
$30.00 after June 1st
$35.00 on-site registration
Young adult: (15-17), Youth: (12-14) & Cubs: (8-11)
$15.00 before June 1st
$20.00 after June 1st
$25.00 on-site registration
Age is determined at time of shooting
*On-site registration based on availability
**When registering ONLINE multiple athletes, please create an account for each athlete**
|OPEN||Senior, Adult, Young Adult||45 yds||WHITE|
|PRO HUNTER||Senior, Adult||45 yds||WHITE|
|Young Adult||35 yds||RED|
|HUNTER||Senior, Adult, Young Adult||35 yds||RED|
|TRADITIONAL||Senior, Adult||30 yds||BLUE|
|Young Adult, Youth||25 yds||YELLOW|
|OLYMPIC RECURVE||Senior, Adult, Young Adult||35 yds||RED|
- No crossbows
- 30 target course, shoot one arrow per target
- Rangefinders are not allowed on the course
- Binoculars are permitted
- All distances will be unknown
- Maximum arrow speed 300 ft per second, +/- 3%. No adjustments after starting
- No walking of the course is allowed before shooting
- SHFC and WMSC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items
- All equipment and scores are subject to random inspection upon completion
- Please use course courtesy
- Please allow faster shooters to shoot thru
- Tie breaker will be # of center tens scored in the round
- Questions and infractions will be settled by the State Games and the SHFC archery committee
- All categories will have male/female divisions
- The point system used will be: 10, 8, 5, and 0 for a miss. The 12 point ring will be used for as a tie breaker only.
3-D Archery Classifications
- Open Class: Any type of bow (except crossbows), using any sights, any stabilizers, and/or back/side bars, any release, including fingers.
- Pro Hunter: Sights will have fixed pins with no pin limit. Movable sights may be used, but must be locked down to a fixed position before competing. No magnification is permitted. Any release may be used. Stabilizers; a front stabilizer may be used, but may not exceed 12'' in length. Back/Side bar stabilizers are permitted not to exceed 12'' past a point measured from back of their riser below the grip toward the string.
- Hunter: Sights will have fixed pins with no pin limit. Movable sights may be used, but must be locked down to a fixed position before competing. No magnification is permitted. Any release may be used. A front stabilizer may be used, but may not exceed 12'' in length. No back/side bar stabilizers are allowed.
- Traditional: Any recurve or longbow, or a universal one size fits all compound bow with a max draw weight of 20 pounds or less. Must have no sights, and is released with fingers, no clickers or draw checks allowed.
- Olympic Recurve: Any recurve or longbow using sights with no magnification, and any type of stabilizers, and/or back/side bars, finger release only.
- Minimum of 3 shooters per group*
- Maximum of 56 shooters per squad (unless approved otherwise by director)*
- *Tournament Director will put together groups
- Check-In at least 30 minutes prior to squad time
- Rules and Information Meeting 15 minutes prior to squad time
- Awards presented after final squad at approximately 3:00pm Sunday
- 2018 Meijer State Games of Michigan gold, silver, and bronze medals will be given in each category/division.
- Awards given to all categories and divisions will have separate Male/Female divisions.
STATE GAMES OF AMERICA
This event is a qualifying event for the 2019 State Games of America. Any athlete who places 1st, 2nd, or 3rd has the opportunity to compete in the 2019 State Games of America hosted in Lynchburg, Virginia. Please visit the State Games of America website for more information
LOOKING FOR RESULTS? VISIT OUR RESULTS PAGE