Win a Chance to Sing in Front of 6,000 people!
Download Offical Contest Rules and Dates
Download Promotional Flyer
- Open to individuals residing in the state of Michigan.
- Contest is open to individuals only. (No groups)
- Amateur performers only- any singer that is paid will not be eligible.
- Entry must be sung a cappella. The performance at the games will also have to be sung a cappella.
- Entries must be a YouTube or Vimeo video.
Entries must include the following information to be accepted:
1) Name 2) Age 3)Hometown 4) Phone # 5) Email
- A judging panel will determine 3 finalists that Facebook fans will vote on.
- Finalist’s videos will then be posted on the State Games of Michigan Facebook page in order to gain likes.
- Links to watch the videos on the Meijer State Games of Michigan Facebook page will also be posted on the following Twitter page: @StateGamesofMI
- The video with the most 'likes' after the final day of voting (at 10:00 p.m. on April 30th) will be named the contest winner.
Contest Winner Rules:
- Winner earns the right to perform the National Anthem live at the Meijer State Games of Michigan Opening Ceremonies on: Friday, June 26th, 2015 located at Fifth Third Ballpark, Comstock Park.
- Winner will be recognized in the E-Newsletter that reaches all participants past and present of the state games.
- Winner will also be recognized on the Meijer State Game’s website and social media.
- Winner must be able to attend the Meijer State Games of Michigan Opening Ceremonies on Friday, June 26th at Fifth Third Ballpark.
- Free lodging will be provided the night of the Opening Ceremonies if the winner lives more than 50 miles from Grand Rapids.
How to Enter:
- Contestants must create an audition video that has been uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and submit a link to the video by April 10th at 11:59 p.m. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contestants must put ‘I Can Sing’ in the Subject line of the email.
- There is no cost to submit your video.
- March 19th: Contest Begins!
- April 10th: Submission deadline. (3 weeks to submit)
- April 17th: Top 3 Finalists Announced (1 week to judge)
- April 17th-April 30th @ 10:00 pm : Public may vote ‘like’ for the best National Anthem submission. The video with the most 'likes' wins the contest. (2 weeks to vote)
- May 1st: Winner determined and contacted. (1 day after voting ends)
- June 26th: Winner will get to perform the National Anthem at the Meijer State Games of Michigan Opening Ceremonies at Fifth Third Ballpark!
- Contact Alex Harmon, Event Operations, Meijer State Games of Michigan at email@example.com or call 616-233-3565
Hometow: Flint, Michigan
Elise is a graduate from Kearsley High School in Flint, MI and - even more recently - a graduate of the University of Michigan. Elise graduated this spring with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and International Studies, and a minor in Music. Throughout her four years at Michigan, she was a member of Gimble A Cappella, one of the University's co ed A Cappella groups. Elise plans to move to Washington DC in the fall to pursue a career in foreign policy. Elise would like to extend a huge thank you to her family and friends for all the support!
Top Three Finalists and the final tally of votes:
- Elise Ghattas 591
- Haley Marentette 577
- Colin Tobin 147
Previous National Anthem Winners:
2013: Lauren St. Andre